Built in 1923, and designed by local architect Albert McPhail, the Riverside Brewery operated for only a few years before falling victim to prohibition. It later served as a bird seed warehouse, before spending most of the last half century vacant. The building had deteriorated over the last half century of disuse, and is finally meeting the wrecking ball as we speak. Looks like the “R” logo over the front door was salvaged, hopefully to end up at the museum before too long.
Farewell to the icon of Riverside Drive. 1923-2018