This building located at 304-314 Glengarry, was last the Gengarry Confectionery. In the early 2000’s everything on this block started disappearing, as the thirst for additional Casino parking came up. Houses, and apartment building, a retirement home all disappeared, one by one, until this building remained as the last structure on the block.
Like many of the older buildings in this part of town, this one was built around 1890 as the Archibald Napier Grocery.
This building finally fell, being demolished in 2009, and today almost a decade later, the entire block bounded by Glengarry, Alymer, University & Assumption remains vacant.